Friday, March 29, 2013

Happy Easter 2013 - Cards

Easter cards and baskets are so much fun to make and as I said in my previous post this year, since it will be my sunshine's first Easter Egg hunt, I thought it best I make something a little cute.  This post will feature the Easter cards made with punch art bunnies.


I made two cards, one for the family and one for our son Benjamin and his had to match his basket - I have a thing for matching and that is why I LOVE Stampin' Up!


The Card colour is Early Expresso which I embossed with Wood grain Embossing Folder 127821.  I did not stress the card but I think it would look good with a light sand...

The tag, I used Baja Breeze for the background (to match the basket) and rollergraphed image of easter eggs; and I used Whisper White with the greeting from Every Bunny (W124968 / C122707) and stamped in Early Expresso which is also used to sponge the edge of the Whisper White to again soften the edge.  The brad is the same used on the handle of the basket as is the Crumb Cake Seam Binding.

And there is the Easter Bunny's "bom" (as my son Benjamin says with a giggle) poking though a punched out 2 1/2" circle punch 120906.

Punch Art HINT and TIP  -  Use a paper piercer, tooth pick or similar to move smaller pieces into place and to dot glue onto smaller pieces.

To make the rabbit's bom you will need the following punches
                                             119850     1 3/4 Circle punch
                                             118074     Owl Builder punch
                                             119855     Large Oval punch
                                             120908     Small Oval punch
                                             119858     Boho Blossoms punch

Punch Art HINT and TIP  -  Make the rabbit in two pieces ie bom and face seperately and place one each side (you do not necessarily have to have the bom showing on the front of the card)
  • I used the Circle for the "bom" and sponged the perimeter generously with Pink Pirouette
  • The feet/rear paws are the Large Oval in Pink Pirouette but lightly sponged
  • The pads were made from the  Small Oval and medium circle from the Owl Builder punch
  • The little cotton tail is a Boho Blossom
To make the rabbit's head you will need the following punches
                                      119850     1 3/4 Circle punch
                                              OR
                                      119847    Ornament punch with the tip and hanging piece cut off
                                      118074     Owl Builder punch
                                      119855     Large Oval punch
                                      120908     Small Oval punch
                                      127526     Elegant Butterfly punch
                                      119858     Boho Blossoms punch  
  • Once again I used the small oval punch for the cheeks, and drew on the whiskers and dots (what do you call those - still cannot remember)
  • Owl punch's large circle for the nose, 
  • Owl punch circles for the eyes (drew the pupils on, putting those on was hard enough) 
  • Large Oval punch for the ears and cut the Elegant Butterfly down to fit in the ear (how I miss that retired oval punch that fits inside ever so neatly! but this is kinda cute).  
  • The body peeps from behind but I added the cotton tail again ie Boho Blossom punch 
    I can almost hear him/her sniffing
The family card is made from Garden Green card embossed with the SAB Fine Street Embossing Folder set on Wild Wasabi.  The rest is as above but this time I changed the eyes for something different.


 and on the inside

Happy Easter to all of my precious friends and valued customers.  I hope you have a wonderful and safe break with a tickle of crafting.

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment