Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas Card - Stampin' Up! "Santa's List" 2

Santa's List is my favourite Stampin' Up! stamp for 2013 and this would have to be my favourite card.  I love the vintage or earthy creations with this stamp and the many techniques involved to create these cards including the use of the Apothecary Accents Framelits (127003) and the Window Frames Collection framelits (129021) ...enjoy

This layout was cased from Wendy Stainback with Santa being stamped on water colour paper and coloured with Real Red marker and a blender pen on both cards. 

On a background of Crumbcake, I layered Early Expresso and Cherry Cobbler.

The rosette is made on a sticky round using a twisted piece (1/3 of the width) of burlap and folded any stray strands of burlap behind the rosette.  Here is a closer look...

and then I began to play, sponging more heavily & adding the bow...
Jingle all the way is from Christmas Classics and the embossing is done with Perfect Polka Dots and Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folders.

I nestled the Window Frames Collection framelits dies and used the burlap for a square bow (not tied) and lightly sponged it with Early Expresso Ink, just to give it a little highlighting...
I love the addition of the frayed burlap to both cards. 

Santa's list is a wonderful stamp and you will see a couple more layouts where I have used him.  If you love him and want to purchase him, get in quick, he is only available until the end of January 2014.

Happy creating over the Christmas holiday period,
love

No comments:

Post a Comment