Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas Card - Stampin' Up! "Wishing You" on brayered background

Wishing You (WM131748 / CM131751) is a gorgeous simple stamp set by Stampin' Up! and I used this set in many applications.  Today I am showing you its effectiveness on a brayered background and the difference between a versamark stamped image and an embossed image...

Old Olive on Cherry Cobbler DSP...I stamped the image in versamark first then brayered over the stamping in Old Olive
The versamark resists the ink hence the duller/lighter colour of Old Olive.
SU DSP from the pack Season of Style 132340

Then I turned to Cherry Cobbler and again brayered over the versamarked image ...
SU DSP from the pack Season of Style 132340
Embossing gives a clean crisp finish and when white embossing powder is used, a white is accomplished...
I brayered on the same scratch paper I used when I brayered in Cherry Cobbler.   The brayer picked up the red and transferred this to my project and I really liked the look!  SU DSP from the pack Season of Style 132340
New scratch paper and brayered in Old Olive over White powder embossing...
Am loving Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler this Christmas - feels Australian in colour...
DSP is from the pack Season of Style Stack 132181

This is also Cherry Cobbler brayered over White powder embossing, but in this case, I did not polish off the ink from the images hence the bloodied images...
SU DSP from the pack Season of Style 132340

Again over white powder embossing, I sponged the background with Cherry Cobbler and then brayered over the top to even the sponging out - this gives the different intensities you can see on the background...

SU DSP from the pack Season of Style 132340
So I have again created some very easy to make cards using Gloss Paper (retired from SU), had some fun with versamark and powder embossing and practiced my brayering skills - which need a little more practice since the photos show up all the lines and inconsistencies - guess that is the beauty of Hand Made.

Enjoy celebrating New Year's Eve
x x x for those that are still up at midnight - I won't be :-) shut eye for me.
see you in 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment