Saturday, June 28, 2014

A Dinosaur Train Birthday Party - Gluten Free Chocolate volcano cakes

Benjamin wanted a Dinosaur Train themed birthday party and since it was his day, I wanted to treat him to be able to eat anything he wanted.  I have posted A Dinosaur Train Birthday Party - The Food & Healthy Eating showing the foods we chose and knew would be eaten by everyone.  The following posts are the recipes we used to enhance the theme of a Dinosaur Train Party, complimented with character specific food labels designed using Stampin' Up! My Digital Studio. 

The Exploding Volcano Cakes were Gluten Free friands with coloured icing dripped from the tops...

Gluten Free Chocolate volcano cakes
This recipe is one from my dearest friend Sue.  She inspires me in the food department... inspires or corrupts, you tell me after you have tried these beautiful Gluten Free Chocolate cakes.

INGREDIENTS
150gms organic butter or Nuttlex melted
1 1/3 cup pure gluten free Icing Sugar sifted
1 cup organic almond meal
1/3 cup hazelnut meat
1/2 cup cacao
5 egg whites whisked until peaks form
1 tsp Pure Vanilla extract

METHOD
Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (fan forced)
Mix icing sugar, cacao and nut meals in a bowl until well combined
Mix through melted butter and vanilla
Gently fold through whisked egg whites
Pour into friend / muffin tin
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked
Ice or dust with icing sugar or cacao.

These were my sweet chocolate treats I lived on for many years before having the confidence to experiment with cooking.  Enjoy and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment